DIY Hamster Cage now in VDO !
We got a Syrian hamster for the kid and that tiny ball of fur is growing on us. Even Butter is obsessed with him …
I like the see thru style of the first cage we make a couple years ago. It’s kinda minimalist, so I went with a black and white theme to create a modern, posh-looking bachelor pad for the hammy. Lux !
Here’s the tutorial. Since this is ver 2.0 , I upgraded the cage with a built-in hamster wheel. It’s space saving as it is attached to the wall of the cage.
His room is a ceramic tissue holder, should keep him cool :
He hides food behind his room , in the corner …
Some notes if you plan on making this :
- tips on cutting the acrylic sheets ( 3mm thickness) – use even pressure, snap them full force on top of a sturdy table top.
- where to get tray – ours is from the bottom of our dog cage. you can also find large trays in bakery shops / pet shops or used ones at flea markets.
- this is a potentially dangerous diy for kids, so please let adults do the cutting and burning.
- the rubber corners are parts for metal shelf legs. they are used to protect the floor from scratches.you can probably find them in hardware stores.
- wheel size – should be big enough that when the hamster runs, his back is not arched.